Connections: The state of homelessness in Western New York
New York State is cutting funding for several organizations that serve the homeless population. The cuts total more than half a million dollars.
The winter cold is coming, and we explore the impact of the cuts, as well as the state of homelessness in Western New York. In studio:
- Angela Panzarella, president and CEO of the YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County
- Reverend Myra Brown, associate pastor and deacon at Spiritus Christi Church
- Sarah Lee, director of Jennifer House at Spiritus Christi Church
- Bob Barlow, community relations coordinator for the Salvation Army of Greater Rochester
- Anna Valeria-Iseman, executive director of the Open Door Mission