2022 Monroe County and New York election results
All the unofficial results from Monroe County are in, and we've reported the victors in contested Assembly and state Senate seats. You can see all the races we covered on our 2022 Election results page.
The 2022 election in New York will decide the direction of the state and Monroe County for years to come.
At the top of the ticket, Republican Rep. Lee Zeldin is challenging Democratic incumbent Gov. Kathy Hochul. Hochul has maintained a lead in the polls, but the race has drawn attention as a broader litmus test on the national balance of power.
Election guides from CITY News
- State Senate candidates in Monroe County
- The 15 Rochester-area Assembly races
- New York's $4B environmental ballot measure
- NY's 25th Congressional District: Joseph Morelle and La'Ron Singletary
- 56th District state Senate: Jeremy Cooney and James VanBrederode
- Monroe County Legislature: Mike DiTullio and Mark Johns
Every seat in the state legislature is on the ballot this year, and the race for a Webster-based Monroe County Legislature seat could reinforce Republican control of Monroe or usher in a Democratic majority.
Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. In Monroe County, you can check your registration status, view a sample ballot or find your polling place at monroecounty.gov/elections.
We've published an election guide to key races in CITY News, and election results from Monroe County and live updates on New York's state races below as they become available.