MOVE TO INCLUDE is a partnership between WXXI and the Golisano Foundation designed to promote inclusion for people with intellectual and physical disabilities. Through programming and special events, WXXI and the Golisano Foundation look to build a more inclusive community by inspiring and motivating people to embrace different abilities and include all people in every aspect of community life.
Connections: Previewing NTID's production of "Fences"
We preview a historic production of the August Wilson play, “Fences,” in Rochester. Members of the cast and crew of NTID’s production join us to discuss the first ever Deaf, black performance of “Fences,” which will be accessible to both Deaf and hearing audiences.
WXXI News streamed this conversation on Facebook Live with captions. To view the video, click here. In studio:
- Aceyon Owens, speaker for the role of Troy
- Marqwan Holmes, signer for the role of Troy
- Malik Paris, signer for the role of Lyons
- Giigii Gano, speaker for the role of Rose
- Luane Haggerty, director of “Fences” and interpreter
- Danica Zielinski, interpreter
This story is reported from WXXI’s Inclusion Desk.