We've compiled all the latest stories about the coronavirus pandemic here so you can find them easily.We've also compiled a list of informational resources that can guide you to more coronavirus information.
Connections: Discussing fashion trends post-pandemic
What do you wear to the reopening of society? It’s a question explored by writer Amanda Mull in a new piece for the Atlantic Monthly entitled “Burn All the Leggings”. She argues for a return to “shopping for cute new dresses” rather than elastic waistbands. She also writes about how previous pandemics have paved the way for fashion trends: how the bubonic plague in the 1300s gave rise to the Italian fashion industry or how the Spanish Flu pandemic led to the fashion choices of the roaring ‘20s.
So what can we expect post-COVID-19? How might professional attire be redefined, and who decides what it looks like? Our guests share their perspectives on fashion, dress codes, and more:
- Elaine Spaull, executive director of the Center for Youth
- Alyssa Whitfield, founder and CEO of Dress for Success Rochester
- Danielle Abramson, associate director of major giving at WXXI
- Breyana Clark, co-founder of Candid Closet LLC
- Meg Mundy, chief fashion organizer for Fashion Week of Rochester