Connections: Discussing bikeability in Rochester
Could you bike to work? What about to your favorite coffee shop or restaurant? The pandemic has created a "bike boom," and leaders at the Rochester Cycling Alliance want to keep that going. They are kicking off a new messaging campaign called "20 Minutes by Bike." The goal is to help community members use maps to visualize how quickly they can get to nearby destinations by bike.
We talk with local bike bloggers about bike transit in Rochester. Our guests:
- Jesse Peers, Cycling Coordinator for Reconnect Rochester, and project coordinator and blogger for examining bikeability in downtown Rochester
- Pam Rogers, blogger on bikeability in Irondequoit
- Jackie Marchand, owner of WomanTours, and blogger on bikeability in Brighton
- Gerald Gacioch, M.D., blogger examining biking to RGH and Unity Hospitals
- Tracey Austin, transportation coordinator at the University of Rochester, and blogger examining bikeability to URMC and the River Campus