CMAC drops COVID-19 vaccination mandate
Constellation Brands-Marvin Sands Performing Arts is the latest local entertainment venue to make an adjustment to its coronavirus pandemic guidelines.
The outdoor concert venue, just outside of Canandaigua, finalized its 15-show summer season last week. It announced Monday that it will not require its audiences to be vaccinated or show proof of a recent negative test for COVID-19.
However, some mask guidelines remain in place. Children younger than 12, who are not eligible to receive the vaccine, must wear a mask. And while vaccinated concert attendees do not need to wear a mask, the venue is asking unvaccinated individuals to wear a mask.
As pandemic guidelines have been a moving target, CMAC will be updating its policies to be in compliance with state and local restrictions. They can be found at cmacevents.com.
The venue’s complete lineup:
- Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, “Red White & Boom,” 8 p.m. July 3.
- “Welcome Back to CMAC Community Concert,” with Shades of Grey, Alyssa Trahan and Brass Taxi, 5:30 p.m. July 10.
- Dierks Bentley, with Riley Green and Breland, 7 p.m. July 22.
- Brandi Carlile, 8 p.m. July 24.
- “Spirit of the South” tour featuring Blackberry Smoke, with The Allman Betts Band, The Wild Feathers and former Allman Brothers Band percussionist Jaimo, 6 p.m. July 31.
- Luke Combs, 7 p.m. Aug. 5 and 7 p.m. Aug. 6.
- Harry Connick Jr. And His Band, 8 p.m. Aug. 12.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd with Kansas, 7 p.m. Aug. 19.
- Little Big Town with Hailey Whitters, 8 p.m. Aug. 20.
- Thomas Rhett with Cole Swindell and Gabby Barrett, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 22.
- King Crimson with The Zappa Band, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 26.
- Jason Mraz, performing with his reggae band, 8 p.m. Aug. 27.
- Collective Soul, with Better Than Ezra and Tonic, 7 p.m. Aug. 28.
- Darius Rucker with Tyler Booth, 8 p.m. Aug. 29.
Jeff Spevak is WXXI’s Arts & Life editor and reporter. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.