Why do so many friendships wither as we age?
In a recent piece for the Atlantic Monthly, Jennifer Senior writes, "The older we get, the more we need our friends—and the harder it is to keep them." Our guests share their thoughts on friendships: those they've lost, those they've kept, and what makes friendships stay strong.
- Bob Beiswanger, retired vice president for business affairs and treasurer at Daemen College, and lifelong Buffalo and Amherst resident
- Shadi Kafi, teacher and writer living in Denver
- Tim Shea, retired RCSD AV tech and Buffalo native now living in Rochester
- Julia Figueras, music director and midday host of WXXI's Classical 91.5
- Nancy Baron, Massachusetts resident