Earlier this year, New York State updated its sexual harassment laws. Now, the state mandates that all employers must adopt a sexual harassment prevention policy and training that meets the law’s standards. It’s a move that’s particularly relevant in the era of #MeToo.
Research shows workplace trainings often fail. Why? Our guests discuss what the new law covers and the types of training that are most effective. In studio:
- Sharon Stiller, partner and director of the employment law practice at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP
- Allison Roberts, co-founder and co-director (along with Jodi Beckwith) of Impact Interactive, a theatre-based training company
- Rick Staropoli, performance educator with Impact Interactive
- Ashley Valdes Garcell, business manager and performance educator with Impact Interactive
- Cecilia Barone, assistant director of the workshop program at the University of Rochester’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning