The Monroe County Department of Public Health is preparing to open a vaccine scheduling link specifically for Phase 1B essential workers who are eligible in Monroe County.
This link will be posted on the County web site after the County receives its vaccine shipment this week, which will likely be Tuesday. Appointments will be made available later in the week at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
- First Responder or Support Staff for First Responder Agency
- P-12 school (public or non-public)
- In-Person College Faculty and Instructors
- Employees or Support Staff of Licensed, Registered, Approved or Legally Exempt Group Childcare Settings
- Licensed, Registered, approved or legally exempt group Childcare Provider
- Public Transit
- Public Facing Grocery Store Workers, including convenience store and bodega workers
- Individual living in a homeless shelter where sleeping, bathing or eating accommodations must be shared with individuals and families who are not part of your household
- Individual working (paid or unpaid) in a homeless shelter where sleeping, bathing or eating accommodations must be shared by individuals and families who are not part of the same household, in a position where there is potential for interaction with shelter residents.
Please note that the County is receiving the Moderna vaccine, which is approved for individuals 18 years and older.
For clarification, Monroe County announced Sunday that it anticipated allocating 1,050 doses of vaccine to essential workers. The total is now expected to be 1,500 doses; 1,100 of those will be scheduled through the link announced above. The county will work with its community partners to schedule the remaining 400 doses.
The essential employee scheduling link announced above is separate from a scheduling link that will be designated for individuals with comorbidities and underlying conditions. That link will also be posted on the county web site after the vaccine arrives. Go to https://www.monroecounty.gov/health-covid19-vaccine