On Thursday, July 23 at 8 p.m., WXXI News is hosting a live forum exploring how disparities in health care and society experienced by people with disabilities have been exacerbated by the pandemic. Panelists discuss those challenges and how they expect issues related to access and inclusion to change after the pandemic ends.
- James Branciforte, president and CEO of Lifetime Assistance Inc.
- Jeiri Flores, disability advocate
- Jerri Lynn Sparks, a regional lead of the Finger Lakes chapter of the NY Alliance for Developmental Disabilities, human rights advocate, and loving mother of an adult son with autism who lives in a group home
- Malik Paris, RIT/NTID alumnus, and Deaf actor and artist
- Stephanie Woodward, J.D., disability rights advocate with Disability Details
You can engage with panelists during the broadcast by submiting questions in advance. Submit questions by:
This program is part of Move to Include, a partnership between WXXI and the Golisano Foundation designed to promote inclusion for people with intellectual and physical disabilities.
WXXI LIVE FORUM: The Impact of COVID-19 on People with Disabilities is made possible with support from the Golisano Foundation, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and the Greater Rochester Health Foundation.