WXXI AM News

scott allan

Consumer Product Safety Commission

 

The Consumer Products Safety Commission wants you to know that fireworks are dangerous.

And a local doctor wants to remind people that mixing alcohol and fireworks is an explosive combination.

Brett Dahlberg / WXXI News

As tick season arrives in the Finger Lakes, doctors at Rochester Regional Health have encouraged people who get bitten to have the bugs removed by a professional.

 Scott Allan, the medical director at Rochester Regional’s immediate care facilities, said he and his colleagues are starting to see tick bites often.

“As the weather gets nicer, more people are going outside, going into the woods, going hiking, getting exposure to ticks,” Allan said. “Definitely getting more common.”