Should we ban plastic bags?
Attorney Jennie Romer has been working on this issue across the country, taking her efforts to New York City most recently. NYC just passed a five-cent fee on plastic bags. In Rochester, the Youth Climate Leaders have decided to focus on enacting local bans.
We explore the impact of bans and fees on plastic bags. Our guests:
- Jennie Romer, attorney and sustainability consultant
- Terry Smith, head of the Harley School's Lower School
- Tierra Cherelin, sixth grader at Genesee Community Charter School and member of the Rochester Youth Climate Leaders steering committee.
- Benny Smith, student in the Brighton School District and member of the Rochester Youth Climate Leaders steering committee
- Jason Wadsworth, sustainability manager for Wegmans