There may be a glimmer of hope in the effort by preservationists to keep an historic building in Geneva from being torn down.
The landmark building is called Parrott Hall, and it was built in 1852. It was purchased by the state to establish the Agricultural Experiment Station.
The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation took ownership in 1975 to create a state historic site.
But the state was expected to start work on demolishing the building, because the structure is badly deteriorated