Weekend Connections is a collection of some of the most noteworthy moments from the week on Connections with Evan Dawson. This episode includes conversations about:
- Gun violence prevention with Peter Read, a Rochester native whose daughter Mary was killed in the 2007 Virginia Tech mass shooting;
- Food deserts and the closing of Constantino's Market in College Town;
- Bob Duffy's first year as CEO of the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce, and the controversy involving leadership in the photonics project;
- Transportation and the move toward a multimodal future with traffic expert Sam Schwartz;
- This year's Oscar nominations and the controversy surrounding the lack diversity with film critic Jack Garner.
Evan Dawson talks about what matters to you on Connections, every weekday from noon-2 p.m. You can listen to the program on WXXI-AM 1370 and WRUR-FM 88.5 in Rochester, WEOS 89.5 FM in Geneva, and online. Be part of the program with questions or comments by phone at 1-844-295-TALK (8255), email, Facebook, or Twitter.