ALBANY (AP) The Empire Center says the latest public data show more than 2,900 state and local government retirees in New York are collecting pensions topping $100,000.
The fiscally conservative think tank says data from the public retirement system's 2015 fiscal year, which ended in March, shows that total rose by about 200 retirees from a year earlier.
Most - nearly 1,800 - are retired police officers and firefighters.
According to the center, 10 public pensioners are collecting more than $200,000 yearly.
The largest retirement benefit for the sixth straight year went to George M. Philip, former executive director of the state Teachers' Retirement System and former president of SUNY Albany.
Philip's pension benefit last year was $261,649.
Below is a sample of some of the public pensions for beneficiaries from our area. It is not an exhaustive listing. Use the link above to view the complete list. (The Empire website allows sorting.)
The listings below are ranked by amount using last name, first name, pension source and amount paid in the 2015 fiscal year, according to data gathered by The Empire Center for Public Policy:
- Valenti, Gary C Brighton CSD $130,534
- Boyan, Richard J Town Of Irondequoit $129,721
- Moynihan, Charles E Dept Transportation Region 4 $116,121
- Rinaldi, William D Thruway Authority $114,712
- Frye, Robert W Rochester-Genesee Trans Auth $112,604
- Corning, Peter E, Hon Office Of Court Admin Normal $110,739
- Galloway, Harold L Supreme Court Justices $108,408
- Fitzgerald, Thomas E Thruway Authority $108,206
- Delucco, Wilma Thruway Authority $108,202
- Mallory, Dale E Monroe County $107,501
- Marks, Patricia D Office Of Court Admin Normal $104,975
- Relin, Howard R Monroe County $104,539
- Wisner, Donald J Supreme Court Justices $103,686
- Kumar, Edward J SUNY Brockport $103,511
- Kehoe, Joan A Dept Of Agriculture & Markets $103,381
- Hoagland, Robert R Finger Lakes DDSO $103,328
- Hunt, Carl B Groveland Corr Facility $102,714
- Conway, James T Attica Corr Facility $102,351
- Pataki, George E Executive Chamber $102,064
- Levison, Kenneth H SUNY College At Geneseo $99,985
- Stanwix, John A Monroe County Wtr Authority $99,522
- Pine, Elizabeth W Supreme Court Justices $99,377
- Mulligan, William J, Jr Genesee Val Reg Mark Authority $97,979 Graham,
- John E Monroe County $96,981