A man was burned when his boat caught on fire in Rochester on Saturday night. It happened on the east side of the river.
Authorities say it was a 20 foot sailboat, and the 51 year old man had already gotten out of the boat by the time firefighters got there.
He suffered burns over 30 percent of his body and was taken to Strong Hospital. Reportedly the man was asleep when the fire broke out. It may have been started by a problem with a space heater.
The interior living space of the boat was gutted.