The passing of Jack Garner rocked the Rochester community this past weekend. Jack died at the age of 75, having built a storied career in movie criticism and Hollywood profiles. He never fully retired, and he was a constant contributor to countless programs and organizations, including WXXI and Connections.
Our guests were friends and colleagues, and they remember a man known first and foremost for his kindness:
- Tom Proietti, resident scholar in media at St. John Fisher College
- Gary Craig, public safety watchdog reporter for the Democrat and Chronicle
- Linda Moroney, filmmaker, and director and programmer for the One Take Film Festival
- Adam Lubitow, film critic for CITY Newspaper
- Jeff Spevak, arts and life editor for WXXI News