With so much talk about refugees, we thought it would be important to hear real-life stories -- not just hype and headlines. What is life like in America as a refugee? How have refugees adjusted to living in Rochester?
Our guests help us understand. In studio:
- Benjamin Lawrance, professor of international studies and director of international and global studies at the Rochester Institute of Technology
- Meron Semedar, refugee from Eritrea
- Maung Thet Win, Karen refugee from Burma
- Falmatu “Ayni” Jibril, RIT student and refugee from Somalia
- Mike Coniff, executive director of Rochester Refugee Resettlement Services