We preview the ninth annual Sankofa Evening of Theatre and Jazz Fest, which kicks off this weekend at the Multi-use Community Cultural Center. The event celebrates the work of emerging and established African American playwrights.
We discuss the themes of some of the plays and the impact of the festival on art and the community. Our guests:
- Kevin Hicks, communications director for the Sankofa Festival
- Anne Thompson-Scretching, featured artist and playwright of Four Men On A Couch
- Gary DeWitt Marshall, director of Four Men On A Couch
- Grace Flores, playwright of Now & Then
- Jahaka Mindstorm, playwright of My People Perish