The Pittsford Central School District is dealing with multiple issues and incidents pertaining to race, as covered recently by WXXI News. Superintendent Mike Pero says the district is committed to making sure all students feel welcome and comfortable, regardless of background. Some students and families of color have said the district has not done enough to make that possible.
In advance of a Thursday night public forum, Connections welcomes graduates of color who can share their experiences growing up in the district. We've also invited district leadership to take part in this discussion. Our guests:
- Stephanie Geter, clinical psychologist
- Rey DeGuzman, recording artist
- Robin Wilt, member of the Brighton Town Board
- Cristal Wilson, recent graduate
- Mike Pero, superintendent of Pittsford Central School District
- Patricia Vaughan-Brogan, director of student services at Pittsford Central School District