It’s a “singing intervention!” Do you want to sing, but feel nervous or dislike the sound of your voice? Did you play and instrument as a child, but haven’t picked it up in years?
Today is Make Music Day, so we spend the hour celebrating music in all its forms, including the human voice. We also discuss the science behind singing, and how it can change your brain. Our guests:
- Gerard Floriano, artistic director of the Finger Lakes Opera
- Lee Wright, founder of First Inversion Choir
- Richard Fink IV, vocal coach and founder of Throga
- Brenda Tremblay, host and producer for WXXI’s Classical 91.5
- Maureen Rich, producer for WXXI’s Reachout Radio, and member of Tasty Parker and the Joy Riders