Somewhere in your hometown, there is probably a historic building that you hope will be protected – a home, and old church, a beautiful barn. Each year, the Landmark Society of Western New York publishes a list called the Five to Revive. The goal is to raise awareness – and perhaps funding – for revitalizing these historic sites.
Our panel helps us explore the 2019 selections, and we discuss how adapting and revitalizing historic spaces can impact neighborhoods. Our guests:
- Caitlin Meives, preservation planner for the Landmark Society of Western New York
- Wayne Goodman, executive director of the Landmark Society of Western New York
- Katie Eggers Comeau, architectural historian with Bero Architecture PLLC, and member of the Five to Revive Selection Committee
- Doug Farley, director of the Cobblestone Museum in the Hamlet of Childs
- JoAnn Beck, president of the Highland Park Conservancy
- Frances Stern, manager of technical and grant programs for the Preservation League of New York State