WXXI has launched a new digital series for kids called "I Can Be What?!" With two-and-a-half million students across the state learning from home during the pandemic, the series is the latest programming initiative in WXXI's efforts to educate young people. "I Can Be What?!" explores STEAM career opportunities -- from dance to zoo keeping to welding -- and gives viewers a sneak peek into what it's like to work in those friends.
This hour, we talk to the team behind the series. Our guests:
- Erin McCormack, executive producer of WXXI Public Broadcasting
- Karen Heller, producer of "I Can Be What?!"
- Cara Rager, manager of education training and family engagement at WXXI
- Jen Indovina, host of "I Can Be What?!"
- Ashley Campbell, africologist, and co-founder of Ballet Afrikana: Dance Prep Academy
- Nick Carson, welder