The cost of weddings is on the rise. According to the wedding research company, Wedding Report Inc., the average price tag of a wedding in America is more than $25,000. In New York State, the average cost is more than $35,000. Those rising costs, combined with the financial strain of student loan debt, has led many couples to take out wedding-specific loans or to focus on DIY options.
This hour, we discuss trends in the wedding industry with newlyweds and experts, who share their experiences and advice for planning a wedding in today’s market. Our guests:
- Bekah Bodder, married in June 2019
- Paul Pakusch, married in April 2019
- Emma Hale, married in October 2017
- Anthony Hayward, married in May 2019
- Agathi Georgiou-Graham, owner of Agathi & Company, married in July 2018