When discussing efforts to address poverty or strengthen neighborhoods in Rochester, we often hear about heavily funded programs. But, there are a number of local, grassroots efforts that are making a difference in the community.
This hour, we hear from some of the people involved with those programs. They join us to discuss what they're doing and the impact their work has had. In studio:
- Jennifer Muniga, executive director of Cameron Community Ministries
- Kaila Toppin, mentor at Cameron Community Ministries
- Maria Wehrle, organizers of Mothers In Need of Others Ministry
- Chamara Brown, volunteer with Mothers in Needs of Others Ministry
- Kathy Lewis, organizer of Blocks in Bloom
- Lydia Rivera Warr, participant in Blocks in Bloom