What is the difference between parody and satire? The line between the two is often blurred, but both can be effective tools in making social and political commentary.
This hour, our guests discuss how to distinguish parody from satire and how both are being used – successfully or unsuccessfully – in the current comedy landscape. In studio:
- Beth Winslow, actor, comedian, and member of the sketch comedy group Thank You Kiss
- David Abdoch, stand-up comedian
- Scott Pukos, public relations coordinator for The Little Theatre
- Freyda Schneider, director of TYKEs, and member of the sketch comedy group EstroFest
- Katherine Mannheimer, associate professor of English at the University of Rochester