How can public radio attract younger audiences that will stay with the medium for...well, for life? That's a question with no single, easy answer, but addressing it is vital to public radio's future.
We explore the research about millennial media consumption, as well as ways to connect. And we discuss the difference between "skim" and "dive," and how it relates to listening habits. Our guests:
- Fred Jacobs, president of Jacobs Media
- Zach Graham "King," co-owner of Makers Gallery and Studio
- Tianna Manon, editor-in-chief of Open Mic Rochester Magazine
- Danielle Abramson Swartz, WXXI's director of station events and special projects
- Veronica Volk, WXXI's Great Lakes Today reporter, and co-host and producer of the podcast, Finding Tammy Jo