Two Alarm Fire On Park Ave. in Rochester
Rochester Firefighters had to battle a two-alarm fire early Saturday on Park Avenue. The fire, which broke out around 1:00 a.m., was at 85 Park, between Alexander and Meigs Streets.
When firefighters got there, they saw flames in a third floor apartment. Because of the size of the structure, it was upgraded to a two-alarm fire.
Firefighters helped evacuate people from several apartments. No residents were injured but one firefighter was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
It’s believed the fire began due to unattended cooking on the stove. Authorities say the battery had been taken out of the apartment’s smoke detector. Firefighters replaced the battery and again reminded city residents of the importance of having a working smoke alarm.
The Red Cross will help people from six apartments that were impacted by the fire.