Coming up on Connections: Friday, October 11
First hour: Candidates for Rochester City Council, East District
Second hour: An update on breast cancer research, screenings, and treatment
We continue our series of interviews with candidates on the ballot next month. Today, we sit down with the two contenders for the Rochester City Council's East District seat.
- Mary Lupien, Democratic candidate for Rochester City Council’s East District
- Dave Sutliff-Atias, Green Party candidate for Rochester City Council’s East District
What have we learned from celebrities who have been outspoken about their choices about battling breast cancer? Dr. Avice O’Connell recently spoke on the impact on the wider culture when breast care become a subject for the tabloids. We talk about that, and we’ll discuss the range of issues related to breast care, screening, and more.
- Dr. Avice O’Connell, M.D., section chief of breast imaging, and professor in the Department of Imaging Sciences at the University of Rochester Medical Center
- Dr. Michelle Shayne, M.D., associate professor in hematology and oncology, and director of the Hereditary Cancer Screening and Risk Reduction Program at the University of Rochester Medical Center
- Pat Battaglia, associate program director for the Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester
- Kim Provenzano, nurse practitioner at the Rochester Regional Health’s Lipson Cancer Institute